Ring believed to have links to royalty discovered in Moray after nearly 600 year

Started by gash, January 11, 2019, 11:22:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gash

It has been buried in the ground in Moray for the last 500 years.

But now, a gold ruby ring which is believed to have links to royalty, has been unearthed in a north-east field.

Alistair McPherson, from Elgin, made the discovery while scanning the site with a metal detector near the town.

Yesterday, the whisky industry worker recalled the moment he saw the gold band still glistening despite hundreds of years covered in mud.

He said: "I have been researching the site for a while because it's a probable location for a former medieval chapel.

"I had got a few signals already and found a medieval iron key and a couple of other tokens from the same sort of era.

"I moved on and got a big signal, so I knew something interesting was there.

"I put a spade in the ground, pulled it up, and there it was sticking out the side of the earth and still shining.

"I knew right away what it was."

Read more :  https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/moray/elgin/1638862/ring-believed-to-have-links-to-royalty-discovered-in-moray-after-nearly-600-years/?fbclid=IwAR0-h2QZ1l-6h8OHX8i1Dpb5BPFKsOxWwFxlM0LiV1IzmiwPBb1ATeI87Ns
XP Deus 9" coil & 13x11 coil
XP Goldmaxx Power
Whites DFX
Garrett Ace250
Nokta Simplex+